At Vintage Church, we believe that every avenue and expression of art conveys a story. Any genre of the arts has a story to tell, and as believers and followers of Christ, we have the greatest story. The gospel is the only story that, when believed upon and received, offers forgiveness of sins and new, abundant, eternal life through Jesus.
Gospel-centered art points to the grace, hope, and mercy that it is in Jesus alone, reminding us of our depravity that is the sin of this world. It is through the gospel and by the power of the gospel that hearts are changed and made new and lives are changed and made useful for His glory.
In the book of Acts, we are called by Jesus and empowered by the Spirit to be His witnesses. We are commissioned to tell His great story, the Good News. He is Jesus and He is Savior to all. The arts have an amazing reach and powerful influence. Through all forms of art, we have the opportunity to respond to Jesus and share His truth and His love.
At Vintage Church, our focus is on the Lord Jesus Christ. We aim to tell of the finished and complete work of His death, burial, and victorious resurrection. There is power in His Name. There is salvation in Him alone. Through creativity, song, and originality, the arts in the church reflect and point to the full gospel.
Vintage Arts Ministry Areas
“It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;
to declare Your steadfast love in the morning,
and Your faithfulness by night,
to the music of the lute and the harp,
to the melody of the lyre.
For You, O Lord, have made me glad by Your work;
at the works of Your hands I sing for joy.”
Musical worship is giving worth and placing honor on the Lord through song. Musical worship, whether in a corporate community setting or in private, is a response of praise (giving worth) and positioning of our hearts (placing honor) toward Jesus.
Our worship through music arts is an act. It is a choice of faithfulness and obedience. It is taking any and all thought and attention off of ourselves and placing it completely on the Lord Jesus, for His glory alone. We love music arts at Vintage Church. Whether singing Scripture songs and ancient hymn texts, playing instrumental arrangements, or writing new anthems for the church, our goal is to glorify and lift high the Name of Jesus together.
Through Gospel-Centered Music Arts
- Jesus gets the glory and victory in celebration. Jesus deserves our highest praise. Ultimately, when we respond to the Lord Jesus through musical worship we are giving Him all the glory. We are identifying in Christ and not in our sin. We are set free to celebrate and glory in Jesus alone.
- We encounter God. When we respond to the Lord, singing His praise and believing in Him, we are truly seeking His face and His will. There is an expectancy to meet with the Lord, to give glory to Jesus, and to grow a heart of desperation for an encounter with God. This is a worship that addresses each person of our Triune God.
- Scripture is declared and proclaimed.
- We remind one another of why we gather. Our rehearsal of eternal and everlasting praise together reminds us of God’s promises and of our covenantal relationship with Him.
- We give a sacrificial act and an offering of praise.