While discipleship certainly occurs in vGroups and other environments within Vintage Church, we also recognize that there is a significant need in the church for focused discipleship. Because of this, Vintage Church facilitates a basic structure called Life Groups. Life Groups are gender-specific groups of 3–5 who meet regularly for the purpose of focused discipleship.
Life Groups are for any follower of Jesus who desires to grow in their faith! While any Christian is invited to be a part of a Life Group, it is important that every person in a Life Group be committed to making each meeting, doing the agreed-upon work prior, and being fully engaged when the Life Group is meeting.
Life Groups should seek to meet at least 1–2 times per month for 1–1 1/2 hours per meeting. These groups can meet whenever and wherever is most convenient for the group. However, because of the nature of these groups, some might consider meeting in a private location like a home.
Life Groups will consist of:
- Scripture Reading & Memorization
F260 Bible Reading Plan & Scripture Memorization
- Create your own set of 5-6 personalized questions
- General Accountability Questions
Suggested Books (OPTIONAL)
- Growing Up by Robby Gallaty
- Firmly Planted by Robby Gallaty
- Bearing Fruit by Robby Gallaty
- The New City Catechism Devotional
- Licensed to Kill by Brian Hedges
- Who Am I?: Identity in Christ by Jerry Bridges
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero
Life Group Commitment
- Before you begin a Life Group, make a commitment with one another to be faithful to your Life Group by download and completing this commitment form.
- Discuss Accountability Questions/Prayer
- Quiz each other on Scripture memorization
- Discuss Bible reading & HEAR journal
- Discuss book (optional if you’re reading a book together and/or have enough time)
- Pray for one another
- Life Groups are not counseling groups. While great healing can occur, and will occur, within a small, tight-knit group of Christians, these groups are not designed to provide professional counseling.
- Also, these groups are not Bible studies. While we hope that the Bible will be a resource utilized in these groups, the purpose of the groups is not to provide an in-depth Bible study.
- These groups are not designed to replace the worship gathering or vGroup. They are designed to supplement both expressions.
- These are not groups for gossip. One of the greatest temptations for small groups is to begin to use the time to gossip. While many Christians do not intend for this to happen, we must be careful that these groups do not become opportunities for gossip.
Register Your Life Group
Let us know you're meeting!
Register your Life Group today so we can send you monthly information, tips, and other resources to help you make disciples
If you would like more information or have questions about Life Groups, please fill out the form below.